Hi, my name is Ayoung1979! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ayoung1979!

Ayoung1979
Ayoung1979 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
Hey everyone I'm Amy and decided to join this group because I've been having problems with noises bothering me.  I don't know if its because I'm older or what.  I turned 40 last year. I also have CP.  I have other medical issues as well such as: type 2 diabetes, anxiety, depression, PCOS, and have had HPV. Yes I am a mess.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ayoung1979 and a warm welcome to the community, great to have you with us. :)

Have you experienced noise sensitivity before?

Here is some information from the NHS website which you might find useful.
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Ayoung1979 and welcome to our little community.

What sort of noises would you say have been bothering you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ayoung1979 Welcome to the community nice to have you join us.

You are not a mess your just dealing with lots of medical issues like many of our members do. We are here to support you and a very friendly community.

I hope the information you have been given is of some help to you.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ayoung1979 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I hope you are well and have had a nice day today.  Thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health issues and trouble with noise.  In this Community we all have various disabilities and health issues and we all support each other with them and we are here to support you also.  As @janer1967 says, you are not a mess, it is just unfortunate that you have got a lot of health issues, but we can help and support you with that.  So please feel free to chat to us anytime as there will always be someone on here to listen.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and feel that the forum is a useful place to be.  If we can help/support you at all with anything then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ayoung1979
    Thank you Ails it means alot to me
  • Gordon54
    Gordon54 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ayoung1979 -  Welcome to the community from me too. I'm sorry to read you're having trouble with noises bothering you just now. Have you phoned your GP for their advice? You're in good company here as there are many members facing several medical issues, so you're not alone. I hope you get to the bottom of the noise problem as soon as possible however. As you can see we have really friendly members, & we're all here to support you in any way we can, even if it's just chatting here. :)
  • Ayoung1979
    Thank you Chiarieds! No I haven't told her about noises bothering me yet because it seems petty. If it gets worse then I will tell her.
  • Ayoung1979
    I'm sorry @Adrian_Scope I haven't immediately gotten back with you.  Noises like loud music and from the TV if its too loud.

Brightness