Hi, my name is visions_of_a_life! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is visions_of_a_life!

Options
visions_of_a_life
visions_of_a_life Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hey, so I have absolutely no idea what this is or what I’m doing but I guess this is where I introduce myself? hi, I’m Ethan, I’m 21 and from Nottingham. I have cerebral palsy, autism, as well as anxiety, depression and PTSD caused from bullying in school. I hope that I can help create a safe open conversation about disability for everyone here and maybe make the odd friend or two (if there’s a way to, again, not entirely sure what this is yet?) it’s good to meet you all, and I can’t wait to get talking :) x

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @visions_of_a_life

Good Afternoon yes you have come to the right place my friend.

I’m one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with????

Here’s some info below for you:

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/cerebral-palsy-for-young-people/

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/cerebral-palsy-introduction/

Hi @Richard_Scope

Can you please help with this new post????

Many thanks.

@steve51

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @visions_of_a_life and a very warm welcome to the community! We're a friendly bunch so feel free to get involved. :)

Why not have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members? We have a range of discussions or add your own. 

Hope to see you around. 
    Scope

• Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello visions_of_a_life

Thank you for wanting to create a safe open  conversation about disability for everyone here.  You sound like a very nice chap and I'm sure that you a lot of friends here!   
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @visions_of_a_life :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @visions_of_a_life - Welcome to this great community from me too. For someone who didn't know what they were doing, you managed a really good introduction, so thank you for sharing!
    This is a community of people with diverse disabilities, yet we share much in common. We are friendly, & supportive of each other. Sometimes it's about health issues, sometimes about benefits people are applying for, & much in between. There are many people here with the problems you face, so you will find a lot of understanding.
    Please just join in with any discussions you'd like, & chat here any time. Nice to 'meet' you. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great to meet you Ethan (@visions_of_a_life). This is definitely the right place for safe, open conversation about disability and anything else that takes your fancy. Hope to see you about! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi pleased to meet you Ethan and welcome to the community its great to have you on board and I look forward to seeing you around
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @visions_of_a_life - Ethan and welcome to the Community from me too.  It's nice to meet you.  How are you today?  Thank you for joining us and for the great introduction which I really enjoyed reading.  I'm sure you are going to fit right in here and will make a very valuable contribution to the forum.  You are sure to make some new friends on here too as everyone is lovely and friendly as you will probably have realised by now.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness