Hi, my name is TomD77! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TomD77!

TomD77
TomD77 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
I'm 53 big guy who enjoys lots of outdoor activities, which is really important to me since I lost my ability to travel for long distances with my own legs. Since I have been using mobility scooter for years, I'm expectant to browse the forum for new techs and also chat with people like me.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TomD77 Welcome to the community great to have you on board. I am a 53 year old wheelchair user and use a mobility scooter to get about on locally.

This is a great friendly community you have joined, have a good look around maybe start in the coffee lounge, feel free to join in any discussions and also ask if there is anything you want help with.

I look forward to seeing you around
  • TomD77
    Thanks for the warm welcome @janer1967 I certainly look forward to chat with all the community members. Will definitely join lots discussions and try to offer helpful advice where I can as well!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @TomD77! Great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TomD77 and welcome to the community! What sort of outdoor activities do you like to do? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TomD77 - & welcome to the community from me too. Please do have a look around the forum (try the 'All groups' link opposite your first post on the right) & join in with the discussions. I'm sure you'll find this friendly & supportive group helpful, & it sounds like you will help others too, which is what this community is all about. Thank you for becoming part of this. :)
  • TomD77
    Wow so much responses :dizzy: Thank you all for the warm reception, it feels great to be so welcome!
    @Ami2301 To be honest I enjoy going to the local park, we have those lovely stone chessboards there set up for older guys like me. I often meet with my friends, because I just love chatting with them while playing a game which requires some brain-usage.

Also many thanks for the pointers chiarieds :smile:
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TomD77

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community/family 

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that you need a ?? with??

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like fun! Although I don't know how to play chess :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited June 2020
    Hello @TomD77 and welcome to the community. 

I've never been lucky enough to go to a park that has the stone chessboards. I always imagine (probably wrongly!) that they draw quite a crowd. Does it end up with a lot of the same people playing together regularly? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness