Hi, my name is lauren987! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lauren987!

lauren987
lauren987 Community member Posts: 49 Connected
Hi after 5 years ive finally won my pip tribunal but my anxiety is so bad im worried the dwp wont pay me and will try to appeal. Has anyone had this or any positive outcomes? I got awarded high rate on both

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lauren987 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. Easier said than done, but try not to worry. After a tribunal the other party (in this case, the DWP) can appeal. This very, very rarely happens, as they would have to find an 'error in law.'  So, please enjoy your great PIP award, & congratulations! :)
  • lauren987
    My anxiety is severe so i worry about little things. Im owed 12k from them as they are backdating from oct 2018 by the time i get it
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, its not very often you hear of the DWP appealing against as tribunal decision so try and not worry instead think of all the ways you spend the money and enjoy yourself
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll be fine, & I hope it's not too long until you get your monies. You will receive a letter confirming your tribunal win, & the amount of money owed. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lauren987

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Well Done on your pip tribunal win??

Make sure not to “worry or get stressed” just think about what you will be doing when the monies arrives at your door.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

@steve51
  • lauren987
    @steve51 first i will be making myself debt free for the first time in 10 years ? thanks for all the lovely replies to my comment
  • steve51
    Hi @lauren987

Yes that sounds good news 

Do you need any help/support with this process ????

@steve51

• lauren987
    I dont think i need any help atm thanks unless there become any issues with them paying me. Hopefully not but when i wrote a letter to pip before i had a rude one back from the manager so im hoping i have a decent manager review the tribunal decision and pay what im owed with no stress. Its taken me since 2015 with reapplying to get pip so need the stress to be over asap.
  • steve51
    Hi @lauren987

No probs we have got some very knowledgable people on here when it comes to the “Benefit System”

So please don’t feel “alone” as I can forward your post onto them at any point.

@steve51
  • lauren987
    @steve51 thanks. I have noticed alot of helpful posts in general. I often look on here but only decided to sign up today. Will be great to see others stories
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm glad you finally took the plunge to sign up @lauren987. Fingers crossed for you and if you need any advice at all, we're always here. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness