Thinking starting a online disability gaming community — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thinking starting a online disability gaming community

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
edited July 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hello 
I’m just thinking about setting up a friendly disability gaming community all abilities of gamers are welcome I would appreciate to hear what the scope community. I have had idea for setting up this for a few years but has just been a idea but I was not sure it good idea 

Because I saw a comment from a person who was getting abused by other gamers online. This is because I have also have faced abused from other online players before. 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Tagged:

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster I think this is a good idea :)
  • christian96
    christian96 Posts: 101 Courageous
    This is a nice idea! What kind of games would you like to play @grinchy
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Yeah definitely a good idea, although you'd have to find a bunch of folk who play the same games 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great idea!
    Scope

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2020
    Or I was had thought have changed to disability a gaming community review page so you people on scope community who play Ps4 a short review about the ps4 game and would put a star rating if they would recommend the game to other scope community who purchase the game or not. The disability gaming review page could also offer tips and advice on how to get past a level on a particular game or cheats on a particular game 

I would appreciate what the scope community think about the change of idea.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like a great idea, Im not a gamer myself but live with my son who does nothing else lol
  • Globster
    I was also thinking set up a disability game clan for a particular game or level a scope community member might be stuck on but I find would be more understand than some able-bodied clan group I have played online who are not very tolerable to my slow gameplay because cerebral palsy 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it's definitely a good idea to set up some kind of gaming group @Globster. I'm sure there are many people, even those on the community, who would love to get involved in regular discussions or conversations about gaming.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    @Ross_Scope
    I have an idea but I would appreciate it if there were some community members who would like to work on this idea

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster, hopefully there will be others. 

If you wanted to discuss your idea and explore how you might go about finding other members to take part, you have my contact email address so feel free to get in touch and we can have a chat about it, to see if I can help in any way.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • RDani
    RDani Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    edited July 2021
    There is an org for disabled gamers called ablegamers who stream on twitch https://www.twitch.tv/ablegamers/
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Hi @Globster
    I tend to play offline on my own on RPG's. But I would be happy to advise / help or discuss things like if anyone is stuck on a certain game if I can. Or talk about where to buy and trade in games ECT. Or anything concerning consoles and game playing if that will help in anyway.

Brightness