Hello all — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello all

crissy000
crissy000 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
? hello all, I’m newish, just been following and looking at this site, I’m self isolating at the mo, it’s so cold today, my joints and muscles are hurting bad, hope your all good, I’m looking to do Wk at home, do not know where to start? Used to be in the care/support sector, that’s why I’m the way I am, so I need to help people in a different way, but, I could do with the money, Amy ideas folks? ?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @crissy000 :) 

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

Thank you for joining, I'm glad you've joined us. I hope self isolation is going well and you are staying healthy. It is getting quite cold lately, especially up in the north where I am based. 

Hopefully some of our users will have some ideas for you. 

If you ever need any help navigating the community just give us a shout :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hiya @crissy000 How's your day going? Are you managing to keep yourself occupied during self isolating?

Care work is a great career and it makes sense to use your skills to help others in the future  :)

Scope have a Support to Work service that supports people like yourself in finding employment.  They can help you update your CV, prepare for interviews and build your confidence so I'd really recommend contacting them.

The Finding jobs section of Scope's website is also a treasure trove of tips so when you next have a cuppa tea (or similar!) sit down and have a read.  It includes links to various job sites that might have the perfect role for you, fingers crossed.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @crissy000

Good Afternoon & Welcome it's great to meet you today ?

I do hope that you have already been able to get some help /advice from the above members?????

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @crissy000Welcome on board glad you have joined

May be worth you registering with some agencies or contacting job centre who have disability advisers

I think work at home opportunities will increase in the future after companies have invested in their infrastructure due to covid

Good luck hoope you find something
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @crissy000 :) How are you getting on today? Have you had a look at accessing any of the resources linked above?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness