Hi, my name is Katie_may! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Katie_may!

Katie_may
Katie_may Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone I've joined this community as I'm struggling after a big move from Wales to Suffolk and looking for support advice and friendships 

Comments

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Hi @Katie_may welcome to scopes online community. I'm Tammy one of the volunteer community champions here on the site. It's great to virtually meet you, take alook around and if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to contact me.
    This is a great place to make friends. 
    Take care, 
    Tammy. 
  • Katie_may
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Katie_may welcome on board glad you have joined 

Feel free to join in and ask any questions if you need help 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Hi @Katie_may Welcome to the community/Family.  We are all a friendly bunch.

Take a trip over to the Virtual Coffee Lounge for chat, games etc. or have a look a some recent discussions and join in.

You can always start one yourself if there is a subject you would like to chat about or get advice.

Most of all, Enjoy!
  • Katie_may
    How does one find local support, I've tried every day to ask cab but never get through. 
    Ive moved  from Wales and need help with filling in forms as been told I have to change over to a new benefit .
    Im Just sitting in tears every day not knowing what to do or who to ask .
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Katie_may and welcome to the community :)

Sorry to hear you've struggled with the move, I'm sure you will settle in soon and get everything sorted.

The process of sorting out benefits can be daunting when you move house, I understand why you are finding it difficult. I'm sure others on the community will be able to help. 

Which benefits are you switching between?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again try contacting welfare rights not sure they help with form filling 

To help us help you what benefits are you on it might be just simple as reporting a change if address 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Katie_may said:
    How does one find local support, I've tried every day to ask cab but never get through. 
    Ive moved  from Wales and need help with filling in forms as been told I have to change over to a new benefit .
    Im Just sitting in tears every day not knowing what to do or who to ask .

HI and welcome,

It will be extremely unlikely to be able to get any face to face appointments for advice regarding benefits. The most you will likely get right now is telephone support from any advice agency because of Covid.

I'm assuming the new benefit you need to claim because of the house move is Universal Credit, as this has replaced all the old legacy benefits such as housing benefit, tax credits, Income Related ESA/JSA and Income Support.

May i ask exactly what benefits you were/are currently claiming. Do you live alone or with a partner? Do you need to claim for help with your rent?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Katie_may

Moving is always draining, so I can imagine that having to switch benefits would make things a lot more stressful. 

Hopefully our users will be able to give you the advice you need, but you can also call the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333 if you need some extra support. 

How are you feeling today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Katie_may! Great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness