I'd like to get into gaming, recommendations please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'd like to get into gaming, recommendations please

Lucy411
Lucy411 Scope Member Posts: 74 Courageous
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi,

I'd like to get into gaming. I'm a newbie so be gentle. I have a Mac and an iPad and ideally would like to game with others. Are there any free games/websites I should look at? No idea what I'd like at the moment so would like to figure that out before I spend money. I'd really like to get involved with a community and get to know people.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lucy411! It's good to see you made a post. 

We've got a few members who are into gaming, so I'm sure someone will have a recommendation for you. Have you had a look through the app store to see if anything catches your eye? 

You might also like to join in with this video games thread to meet fellow gamers!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    There is a game that covers just about everything in life so it’s just a matter of choosing what you want to do!

Do you want to make stuff? Drive a car? Fight baddies? Play sport? etc

I like a game called RuneScape which is an online game with a community. You can do all sorts on there from chopping trees down to crafting clothing to killing monsters.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    If you're just starting out in gaming, I'd suggest something simple, there's a Myriad of games Arcades online which have all the old classics such as Tetris (which literally everyone  can play), Pac Man, Space Invaders etc.

If you can find it on the App Store on your Ipad, also have a look for Minecraft, it's a bit kiddy but ideal for first time gamers.

• Lucy411
    @Tori_Scope thanks for posting the link, I'll head on over.

@66Mustang thanks. Runescape sounds fun. I'll do an internet search. I'm not really sure what I want to do at the moment, just need to find a new distraction and know I would rather game with people than by myself.

@MrAllen1976 Hi, do you play any games with people that you can recommend. I'm missing human interaction although I get your point about simplicity as long as I can follow along I don't mind a learning curve.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Lucy411 said:
    @Tori_Scope thanks for posting the link, I'll head on over.

@66Mustang thanks. Runescape sounds fun. I'll do an internet search. I'm not really sure what I want to do at the moment, just need to find a new distraction and know I would rather game with people than by myself.

@MrAllen1976 Hi, do you play any games with people that you can recommend. I'm missing human interaction although I get your point about simplicity as long as I can follow along I don't mind a learning curve.
    On the Xbox One I some times play Tekken 7 online, purely for the achievements for winning matches.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lucy411

Great thread.

If you have an iPad I would suggest browsing the App Store, tablets have loads of free games that are fun to play. The store will likely have a category for games, which you'll be able to filter by genre.

If you want to play games with others, the popular one at the moment is Among Us, my partner plays that one very frequently with her friends.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lucy411
    Hi @Lucy411

Great thread.

If you have an iPad I would suggest browsing the App Store, tablets have loads of free games that are fun to play. The store will likely have a category for games, which you'll be able to filter by genre.

If you want to play games with others, the popular one at the moment is Among Us, my partner plays that one very frequently with her friends.

Thanks, @Ross_Scope, I'll check it out.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    No worries, have you done any gaming since this post @Lucy411 ?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lucy411
    No worries, have you done any gaming since this post @Lucy411 ?

Nope! I'm not very good at resting at the moment so when I can sit still for 5 minutes I'm determined to start as my new distraction hobby.
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    Well whatever game you settle on Lucy give us a shout. happy to jump on I game a lot in my Motorhome - happy to play with you! 
  • Lucy411
    Well whatever game you settle on Lucy give us a shout. happy to jump on I game a lot in my Motorhome - happy to play with you! 

I'd like to take you up on that when I finally find something! I'm hopeless :blush: Hope you had a good Christmas.

Brightness