Make sure the government hears your experiences - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Make sure the government hears your experiences

Options
2»

Comments

• feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Options
    Did the government listen yet? Just wondering as it's months since the first post.

Things are improving for me, i'm on the highest dose of anti-depressant/anxiety meds i can go on and it's helping. I decided to stay on UC when i found out they'd be paying £20 a week extra for people claiming that. And i've got a sick note for not capable of work instead of limited in what i can do and being referred back to my consultant to try and get things moving in terms of mobility so that i'm not stuck at home all the time. On a plus note several family members have been looking after us,and i've got our family outgoings down by buying illegal things so our finances are improving too.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad things are on the up for you @feir, you sound like you have a very supportive family.

I'm concerned by your mention of buying illegal things? Did you write that intentionally?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Options
    Glad things are on the up for you @feir, you sound like you have a very supportive family.

I'm concerned by your mention of buying illegal things? Did you write that intentionally?

Yeah my family is great and i know i'm lucky. I'm going to say i didn't write that intentionally.
  • Penybont
    Penybont Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    The government never listen. They don’t give a dam about disabled people.
  • sben
    sben Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Options
    From what I have experienced, the government does not care.

I have experienced seizures in supermarkets, I have experienced falls in public, I have experienced blackouts in public, and I very much struggle to look after myself.
  • Dempseym
    Dempseym Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    As I have been subjected to years of Hate Crime by neighbours, I do not feel that those in higher positions within the government are taking Hate Crime Seriously.  I have wonderful support from my Welsh Assembly Member, who has supported me for so many years.  Therefore, it is not the government per se, it is public authorities who create barriers to justice.  Hate Crime is not taken seriously by those responsible for protecting the most vulnerable.  A stronger collective voice and a petition to parliament may get the attention of ECHR!  Then we may have hope or be considered as valuable members of our communities rather than an afterthought. 
  • onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 741 Pioneering
    Options
    Not sure if this is the correct forum, if not feel free to change.  Wrote a comment of getting heard over a year ago.
    The above draft was written over a year ago, and to be quite honest it sent me over the top, and had to step back to try to fix me with mental issues that are under the surface but never fixed, I believe yes you need support from out side but having family support is the beginning.
      Where am I now?  Still looking for answers from ICE, ICO, MP's, Chief Medical Officer for Wales, the Tribunal Service, the complains department for PIP's and DWP, Capita, Maximus, ATOS and Concentrix and the Parliamentary Commission including the Financial Ombudsman.
      Every single department passes the buck to some one else?
     Why are not people like, and I don't mean to single anyone out but it just I am here at the moment, not getting a post together to have a consortium of posts as to the errors of the reports written by the Assessment companies, when sorted, allowing the claimant to have the report that was used to assess the claimant, changed and the assessor made to re-train to give a report that is fully justified and shows the supporting information used to give that report to a Decision Maker.
      To fight a case and win and then have the Decision Maker and the |secretary of Stater decide when they are going to pay you from is rubbish.  If you present Medical information to a Tribunal and to the Secretary of State for a benefit which you consider is at the wrong rate, what is the decision maker doing then.
      You have a MR and he decides that there is no change.  ( where is the supporting evidence. )  They just state we have looked at the evidence and have not changed our mind, or, I have looked at your case and decided that the descriptors used and evidence was correct so I am not changing the rate of the previous Decision Maker?
      Where in any of this do they show what they are looking at?
      The reports and evidence sent to the Tribunal where the Secretary of State agrees that there is a need for the Benefit to be reinstated is only a guide line to the DWP they do not have to adhere to it, a statement I have had from Both the Tribunal and PIP's/DWP secretary of State, yet when asking for a certificate of entitlement and the L203(c) form ( how they worked it out and the start and end dates if applicable and at what rates , including either the back payment or the claw back schedule, as agreed )  I get the same errors all through the document since nothing is changed on the claimants file.
      I now have 5 certificates of entitlement all with different rates and either different start dates or end dates?
      So do |I except the last Certificate of entitlement as a Legal Document?  If so ( 2 were sent in January ) can I enforce the part that says I am entitled to £625 PER WEEK MOBILITY?  I HAVE BEEN TELLING THEM SINCE 20TH SEPTEMBER 2020.  So after all this where do I stand as this is not the only error, it also includes the starting date on all the certificates sent where they agreed ( the Secretary of State ) the Medical information and Forms submitted in Feb 2014 and again in Feb 2015 to be correct yet I have two different start dates for Mobility which start in Feb 2015 and the Care component December 2017 ENHANCED RATES FOR BOTH?
      In contacting 5 different solicitors in Cardiff including my MP no one will take the case on to sue the Assessors as the same assessors are still report writing in the same way since others in Cardiff have sent me reports to look at and its all the same old, same old mistakes? 
      I did back in 2020 start a file of all the people who either committed suicide, or died in relation to the Assessment process, either by having benefits stopped and awaiting for them to be reinstated, lack of money so either eat or electric for cooling medicine, which stood at over 200 in 9 months others froze where they were made homeless?
      2 Years on and what has changed? NOTHING.  The assessors are still assessing in the same way, last weeks interview with a case worker, where the claimant was asked to look for work or supply a sick certificate, wanted to know why he could not complete his third year in College in Barry where he has had Credits and distinctions?  He has Asperges and ADHD and other issues since before school, we handed in a 3 month certificate and asked why the medical history to get him into college was not looked at?    An appointment came through to see the work coach last Friday, which cancelled and another appointment made 1st March?  to discuss his looking for work?  He took in his appointment letter from Barry College saying what the start dates for this year and the subjects that he will be doing?
      NOTHING IS UPDATED.  The system is a mess and the only way out is to start proceeding against the assessment companies to produce a report that can be used BY EVERYONE.
      IN ASKING ALL OF THE ABOVE, what constitutes a legal document? like a charter all say they are guide lines only, so why are they used to remove benefits?
      Can anyone suggest a solicitor in or around Cardiff, or out side the area that will take on our case as a collective?  and also includes compensation claims.   

Brightness