Hello everyone, I'm Arjuna. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone, I'm Arjuna.

Options
Arjuna
Arjuna Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi , My name is Arjuna, I had  a head in jury in my early twenties which left me in a permanent state of shock , a huge curtain or drape of inertia came down on me and shut me down, it basically been one (at time's), one titanic struggle to get along with normal life, It happened because after completing a 12hr shift on the nightshift , I fell asleep while riding my bike back home, I inevitably crashed, and  I flipped upside down with the bike on top of me , I came crashing down head first on to the pavement, It became a very different world for me , 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Arjuna What a lovely username you have.

I'm so sorry to hear about your bike accident and resultant head injury.  Have you received medical support for your feelings of shock and inertia?  That must be very tough. 

We have some discussion groups that you might find interesting, such as our Invisible impairments board where our members share their stories and symptoms that can't be 'seen'.  Maybe something will resonate with your experience on there.

If you need any support with anything, please give us a shout.  All the best  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome on board 

Sorry to hear about your tragic accident and how this has impacted your life 

We are here to support you in anyway we can feel free to join in or ask questions it's a very friendly forum 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Arjuna - I commented on your thread about ESA that Poppy has been helping you with; her advice is certainly great, & I'm sure you'll find it very helpful.
    As far as your life-changing head injury goes, I wonder if you have been in touch with Headway, which might also be a useful resource. Please see: https://www.headway.org.uk/
    You'll also find there's nearly always someone here to talk to, as this is a very friendly & supportive community. Do keep in touch. :)
  • Arjuna
    Options
    What a lovely community of friendly supportive good people! good to be apart of it , and if I can be of help to anybody out there , it will be my humble honour.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience @Arjuna :) We look forward to seeing you around! Please do continue to get stuck in with any discussions that interest you. Your advice and support would be greatly appreciated by our other members, I'm sure. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Arjuna
    Options
    Thanks Tori , I certainly will ! , and just to answer Chiariads  , I have been in , or I have tried to make contact with headway , and I have to say its been a disappointing experience , for me personally! , Id really wish they had a shopfront , where you could just walk in and make contact, but I never seen any, I  have to say overall, its never been an avenue I felt any encouragement to go down ,  

Brightness