Hi, my name is cheryl — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is cheryl

Options
Cher1546
Cher1546 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hope everyone is ok,
 I have Copd since 2014 and also Spondylolisthesis with pars defect which i am awaiting a spine operation, daily life is a struggle, but you have to keep going, there is always someone else worse off.  Been in lockdown from March, then got made redundant, (but that maybe a god send as I did struggle with working and my health) A friend suggested I apply for pip so I am just trying to complete my pip form (they don't make it easy) 
Take care everyone Cheryl :)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome on board glad you have joined 

Good luck with your PIP claim if you have any questions just ask 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Cher1546 - Nice name  :D  How are you today?

We can definitely help if you have any problems filling out your PIP form.  Our members have lots of experience, and you might find their advice on this PIP, DLA and AA discussion board useful to read.  

If you need any company there is almost always someone about to talk to too.  We have lots of fun in the virtual coffee lounge and are today reliving our school nativity memories.  Join in if you like :)

I hope you are having a nice relaxed Sunday and if you need anything give us a shout.  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome @Cher1546, good luck with pip.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Arjuna
    Arjuna Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Hi Cheryl ! welcome , I'm new here as well . quite nice here, I think i'll stick around for a while ,hope to see you about!
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cher1546 - & welcome to this friendly community from me also, Cheryl. The following link might be helpful as it shows the descriptors looked at & the points that may be awarded with PIP. Please read right through to the notes at the end: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf
    The main thing to realise is that PIP is about your functional ability. For each descriptor that applies, give a couple of recent, detailed examples as to the problems you faced doing/attempting to do the activity. Why was it difficult, what happened, did anyone witness it, how did it leave you feeling afterwards? Also take onboard the concept of reliability, i.e. could you do it safely, to an acceptable standard, as often as you'd like, & did it take you more than twice as long as someone without your disability?
    Hope this helps, & do come back with any questions. :)
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Cher1546...and welcome to one of the best and friendliest sites on the net . I actually paid to join a site for help with applying for PIP last summer (2019) 
    I got more help and encouragement on this site . This site is full of knowledgeable people who are happy to help folks like you and I also have COPD and have been isolating since February .
    Luckily I have family on hand who are willing to get us odds and ends and drop them off at the door ( They refuse to come in the house ....just incase)...The quicker we get this vaccine,  the better we will all be....hopefully . 
    I applied for PIP ( as I was on DLA ) ...I think the questions and forms are meant to deter us from applying for PIP. 
    I got a very nice assessor who visited my house over a year ago ... I had heard so many bad stories but so few good ones . I cannot fault my assessor in any way ....even as she left my house , I mentioned to my wife that if we did not get PIP ....I cannot complain about the assessor as she was friendly...but very professional .
    Good luck with your application Cher ??
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Cher1546

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Cheryl and welcome 

Brightness