Hi, my name is Sparklebright63! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sparklebright63!

Sparklebright63
Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
Hi to all'

Sorry about this had to change my email and username thanks for your understanding. 

Sparklebright63

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sparklebright63

No problem!  It looks like you are all sorted now but let me know if you have any problems.

Also, I think you posted this message twice by mistake so I've deleted your other post  :)

How are you today?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome back to the community @Sparklebright63 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sparklebright63 - glad you were able to log back in (with some tweaks!) :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome back how are you doing did you have a nice weekend
  • Sparklebright62
    Sparklebright62 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Hi to all'

Yes the weekend was OK but shopping to do and my body not cooperating with what I am eating which is really annoying.
    Making me not want to eat. 

Sparklebright63. 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    That's a shame @Sparklebright62, hopefully your body gets better in that regard soon.

Good luck with shopping :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Hi to all,

I spoke with the ibs consultant today I have to cut out wheat and gluten and have lactose free food which means I cannot eat what other people eat which is really annoying which means I will feel left out of a lot of things
    Which my family seem to think is funny they don't have the problem I do.

All caused by the Stress I have been put under by family I am not happy.

Sparklebright63.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I can imagine that's frustrating to hear @Sparklebright63. There are quite a few gluten-free and lactose-free products in the shops now, however. Have you had a look at the options? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Hubbard
    Hubbard Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi Sparklebright 63 , I know how difficult it can be , I have Ulcerative Cholitis  The glutton free isn't as bad as it sound's and once you get things settling down , you can have normal foods again,  but it's like taking baby steps and learning exactly what it is that kicks it off badly . The milk is better than normal milk too . I understand that stress makes it worse too and I hope your family will help you out on this matter too . Sometimes our families can be cruel, but not mean it , it's Sometimes their way of meaning their worried about you but don't want you to know.  Which doesn't help you, I know.  You keep safe and speak again soon x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
     Hi @Sparklebright63 - I'm sorry that you need to have a gluten & lactose free diet, but, as Tori says, there are more of these foods available now in the supermarkets (some have a dedicated aisle for these). My eldest grandchild was found to have Coeliac disease several years ago, so has to be gluten free. You shouldn't feel left out, it's just finding the alternatives, or looking for gluten & lactose free recipes online.
    I'm also sorry about your family; stress is an awful thing, & worsens many people's problems. Hopefully, however, by cutting these foods out, your IBS problems will improve. I know with my grandchild they felt so much better after cutting out gluten. :)

Brightness