Hi, my name is Pauline I have recently had a stroke and am now recovering and currently bedbound — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Pauline I have recently had a stroke and am now recovering and currently bedbound

Timbrell
Timbrell Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’m bedbound bored and lonely frustrated is an understatement 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Timbrell and welcome to our online community.  I'm really glad you found us.

It sounds like you have been through a difficult time.  How is your recovery going?  Are you at home now?

I think being in lockdown and so isolated can make us feel worse can't it?  Do you have any hobbies or interests to occupy you?  Personally, I love a good book for a bit of escapism!

A lot of our members are having similar feelings of being bored and lonely, and spending time chatting on here can help pass time.  To get going, I'd recommend having a look through our recent discussions to see what has got us talking.  Plus if you like games and light-hearted discussion, make sure to visit the virtual coffee lounge.    

Feel free to join in wherever you like; on the whole our members don't bite  :D  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome sorry to hear about your stroke 

Fingers crossed for your recovery and hope you get better over time 

There is always someone around to have chat to or join in the games 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Timbrell :) I'm sorry to hear that you're lonely and frustrated at the moment.

Do you have any friends or family who you're able to contact remotely, for example by calling or texting them? 

As the others have said, please do join in with any discussions or games on the community that catch your eye. I look forward to seeing you around. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Timbrell - & welcome from me too. As mentioned, do come & join us in the 'Coffee lounge,' where you can meet other members & play word games. Or just join in with other discussions, as well as chat here any time. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @Timbrell nice to meet you, i sympathise as i've had seven strokes and they really do get you down, I've been left with a left sided weakness amongst other things but people can and do recover reasonably well from strokes.
    Do you have family who can make sure you're ok?
    We are always here if you need to talk
    Take care
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Timbrell
                          Welcome to the community and thank you for joining us. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling frustrated and lonely, it sounds as though you are having a difficult time. Please feel free to have a look around the community and join in with any conversations that are of interest to you. Also, please do ask any questions you may have, we are a friendly and supportive community and we are here for you. Thank you. 

Brightness