Hi my name is Mark — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is Mark

Options
MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
Just wanted to introduce myself as I was put in touch with Scope Forums by another charity. I mainly joined because I support my mum with her disability, she has a visual impairment and registered partially sighted, and the other reason is because I am passionate about disability rights, equal opportunities, inclusion and equality, and wanted to contribute as much as I can. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined 

Have a look around and feel free to join in we do have a sight impaired section which may help 

I and lots of members are sight impaired 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MarkN88 - & welcome to the community. Thank you for joining to support your Mum, & it's great you want to contribute in the forum. The section on Scope about visual impairment can be found here: https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/visual-and-hearing-impairments
    Please do join in with any other topics of interest, & I'm sure you'll find many, by looking at the 'Recent discussions' link at the top of the page. I look forward to seeing you around. :)

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @MarkN88 hi Mark and welcome to the scope forum, look forward to seeing you around and your contributions, hope you are well today? Have you got snow? we have here.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Thanks to you all. I am well, yes. I do not have snow either, it was just lashing it down with rain this morning but its aright now. I kind of hoped I would get some snow as I like to see it, although don't like going out in it. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MarkN88 and welcome to our community.  It's lovely to meet you. 

We really welcome contributions from members with lived experience and a passion for disability rights so you will fit right in here :)  

How are you and your mum coping with lockdown?  I hope it's going as well as it can.

I'd second visiting the links mentioned above, and look forward to speaking to you some more.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness