Hi, my name is abermichael! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is abermichael!

abermichael
abermichael Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I’m a newbie in here did not know there was such a scope of getting to know others in here

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @abermichael good evening and welcome to scope how are you today?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Have a look around and feel free to join in . Maybe check out our coffee lounge for general discussions and meeting others 

Do you want to tell us a bit about yourself to get started 

Hope to see you around 
  • abermichael
    Sure thing, I love chatting anyway, so not sure this is the right place for a carer, who has disabilities as well, I have had three new right knees, the last operation where I had a lot of bone taken away due to infected bones, now a “smiles” joint was put in, now the kneecap is rubbing against the steelworks
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You are very welcome here we support people with disabilities as well as those who care for people 

Your knee sounds painful and that you have been through the mill with it 
  • abermichael
    yes yes I have still get around though, let nothing get me down, if I get knocked down, I spring back up straight away, should wallow in self pity to get a break??????
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome @abermichael

Welcome to the community :) It does sound like you've been through a lot, are you receiving the help you need to manage those things?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • abermichael
    hahahahaha you go to social services and what do they do for you, nothing zero zilch, they talk the talk but action is something else, they don’t have the money to help in a positive way
  • abermichael
    My ex wife is in a worse state than I am in, I'm her carer, she has had breast cancer, one boob taken off, and all lymph nodes taken out, while on chemo had a stroke, quite common I was told afterwards, of course, never tell you beforehand 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    hahahahaha you go to social services and what do they do for you, nothing zero zilch, they talk the talk but action is something else, they don’t have the money to help in a positive way
    I'm sorry to hear this is your impression and experience of social services, of course everyone's opinion will be different and others will have nothing but good things to say about the help they've received.

I'm sorry to hear about what your ex-wife has been going through, I'm glad you're able to support her.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @abermichael - welcome to the community from me also. It sounds like you've been through a lot, but great to see you have a positive attitude & don't let anything get you down. Do please chat here any time; this is a very supportive & friendly group. :)

Brightness