LWCRA Backdated Payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCRA Backdated Payments

Options
bobbyduckers
bobbyduckers Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all, 

I'm hoping someone can help, I provided my first sick note on 2/11/20 and recieved a letter on my U.C journal saying I had been awarded LWCRA. 

My 3 month waiting period ends on my February payment, does this mean I will get a backdated payment covering 2/11/20 - 26/02/21? 

Many thanks 
Bobby 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited January 2021
    Options
    No, it’s not backdated if you were not entitled and you would need to have 3 full assessment periods after handing in the fit note before been entitled. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome as above the 3 month is a waiting period for which there is no payment due 
  • bobbyduckers
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    No, it’s not backdated if you were not entitled and you would need to have 3 full assessment periods after handing in the fit note before been entitled. 

Thabjs for the reply, I am entitled, I received a letter on the 4th November being awarded LCWRA. 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No body us entitled for payment for the first 3 assessment periods even if you have been awarded 

Sorry but this is just the way it is 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    MarkN88 said:

Thabjs for the reply, I am entitled, I received a letter on the 4th November being awarded LCWRA. 

Yeah I’m not disputing you are not entitled. I understand you have been awarded. You get no extra money for the first three assessment periods though, so they owe you nothing for that period of time. 
  • bobbyduckers
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    MarkN88 said:

Yeah I’m not disputing you are not entitled. I understand you have been awarded. You get no extra money for the first three assessment periods though, so they owe you nothing for that period of time. 
    Yeah I understand it now, just isn't too clear off the bat
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bobbyduckers

Hope the above information has been helpful :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bobbyduckers - & welcome to the community. I'm glad you got your query answered above. If you have any other questions at any time, just say. :)

Brightness