Hi, my name is Trezi! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Trezi!

Trezi
Trezi Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Discovered this forum by accident.. looks interesting and I will enjoy talking to people. I suffered Pulmonary Embolism over Xmas was in hospital for 9 days. I’m very very nervous it could happen again although I’m on Apixiban. What’s worse they don’t know where the clots came from and they have went to both my lungs. Anyway, thanks for listening. I’m sure we will speak again. 

Treza

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @treza hi and welcome to the community 

Most people start in the coffee lounge where there are lots of discussions  going on that you can join in with 

There are also games to play hope you enjoy your time on here ? 

Hope to see you around the community
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear about your health issues 

Hopefully the medication will prevent it happening again 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Trezi - Welcome to the community from me too, & thank you for joining. Pleased you found us all. You have had a rough time of it healthwise recently, but hope you are feeling somewhat better now. Have you had any snow? There's about 4 inches here; roll on Spring. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Trezi :) I'm also sorry to hear about the health problems you've been experiencing. Are the doctors investigating what might have caused the clots? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Trezi
    Trezi Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi everyone, I’m in Scotland we have no snow yet but I think Edinburgh has snow, sorry I posted in the wrong place, they have no idea how I got the clots which makes me feel like a walking time bomb. I also have this pleural effusion round both lungs and my CA125 marker is raised to 75 and they think I have ovarian cancer but on the same hand they said the raised market could be from pleura effusion. I really think they shouldn’t confuse people so much . I have a CT scan of Abdomen and Pelvis on Friday and they said I may get results for 8 weeks. I can’t live like this for 8 weeks wondering if I have ovarian cancer so I may need to go private. That’s for listening guys x
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Trezi sorry to hear what your going through going private is sn option if it gives you peace of mind 

Hope you get something sorted outv
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Trezi - & thank you for your reply. Our snow fortunately disappeared over a couple of days, tho it looks like we're in for more in North Yorkshire. Are you going ahead with the scan on Friday? I would hope you might hear the results of that quicker than 8 weeks (which I would also find intolerable). If you did also go privately, at least you would then get 2 opinions. We're all here to listen & offer support, so please do use this forum to talk absolutely any time. Sending a gentle hug. :)
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Hi Trezi, nice to meet you.  My name's Nic and I have Bipolar Affective Disorder (BAD lol).  I had a relapse on monday and am very manic, so anxiety and paranoia are my companions at the moment.  Do hope you are receiving support for your stress and anxiety.  Chat soon  :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    How did the scan go today @Trezi? I'd also hope you got the results more quickly than that, especially if it showed something that needed treatment more urgently. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness