Hi, my name is Natalie and I am a Speech & Lang Sciences student! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Natalie and I am a Speech & Lang Sciences student!

NatalieMSLS
NatalieMSLS Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2021 in Research and opportunities

I am Natalie , a student at Plymouth Marjon University looking into the view’s carers have about aphasia’s influence on maintaining friendships. There is clear evidence that the carers understanding of Aphasia and other communication disorders impacts the individual’s social communication abilities. This research interviews carers such as yourself, to investigate communication with older adults. The interview will cover topics such as the impact aphasia has on wellbeing, friendships and available support, or lack of.

The interview will take 30 minutes maximum, there will be 10 questions with the opportunity to elaborate. The interview will take place on Microsoft Teams. Your answers will be written down and recorded through teams, by the researcher. All answers will be anonymous. Your answers will be destroyed after August 2021 when the dissertation has been completed. You can withdraw at any time throughout the interview, with the further opportunity to withdraw until February 28th 2021.

The results from the study will be published in an undergraduate dissertation, reviewed by a supervisor. If you participate you cannot be sent the results of the study as you will anonymous and contact details will not be known. Confidentially will be protected throughout the research.  You Will not be identifiable because your personal data is not required for this study and all your opinions will be anonymous.

Thanks for your interest in the study and for reading the information sheet. If you are willing to be a part of this research and available for the interview you will need to sign the attached consent form in order to participate. Confirmation of the consent form is required to participate in the study.

Questions and concerns about the study can be sent to myself via email –

[email address temporarily removed by moderator]

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @NatalieMSLS :) Your research sounds really interesting, so thanks for thinking of us. 

We do allow research to be posted on the community, but we have to check a couple of things first. I can see you've already outlined your confidentiality policy, which is great. Would you be able to send us a version of the consent form to community@scope.org.uk? We can then verify that this research is right for the community, and can add your email address back into the post. 

I've also moved your post into our events, research, and opportunities category, as that's the only place we allow research to be posted. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.