Research exploring parent's experiences — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research exploring parent's experiences

Options
IDandLGBQ
IDandLGBQ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2021 in Research and opportunities
Hi!

I am a postgraduate Clinical Psychology doctoral student and Trainee Clinical Psychologist at the University of Edinburgh.

I am currently undertaking a thesis research project exploring parent's experiences of the romantic/sexual lives of their adult (18+) son or daughter who identifies as LGBQ+ and also has a learning disability. The research would also include parent's whose son or daughter has ever had sexual or romantic thoughts about another person of the same sex or gender.

We hope the findings of the research will help develop support within health and social care services for individuals with learning disabilities who identify as LGBQ+.

My goal is to reach as many parents as possible who wish to share their experiences. Experiences would be shared in a one off interview that would last between 30 minutes and an hour. Your experiences would remain confidential.

I am happy to provide any further information if needed. Here is the link to more information regarding the study
edinburgh.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_40dPeG1Cqh8rpvo

Thank you!

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @IDandLGBQ

Many thanks for sharing this research opportunity with our members.  I've moved it over to our Events, research and opportunities discussion board which is home to such studies and will add Scope's disclaimer, as is routine, below.  

To confirm to our members, this opportunity is ethically robust and safe to participate in.  

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.