Hi, my name is Georgie! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Georgie!

Options
97Georgie
97Georgie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is Georgie and my health has deteriorated so I've been stick at home for a long while now. I must say it gets very lonely sometimes. It would be nice to make some friends, It seems impossible to make any friends while stuck at home  But my 2 year old all ways keeps me occupied and makes me smile. Are there any members here near Cranbrook Kent? 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @97Georgie

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. I'm sorry to read that you can sometimes feel lonely, though I imagine we've all experienced that feeling quite a bit this past year. You mentioned that your health has worsened, when the pandemic is over will you be able to get out and about? Will you have support to do so? 

This is a very friendly and supportive community and I'm sure you'll be able to make friends here. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, and I would advise getting involved in the various discussions in our virtual coffee lounge :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined 

Yoga will meet lots of members here but it is all virtual we dont actually meet up in most cases 

Have a look around and feel free to join in 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @97Georgie - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community, Georgie. I'm sorry to read that your health has deteriorated, so hope your Drs are supporting you. It's been so difficult for disabled people this past year; as Ross says, many of our members have subsequently felt lonely & isolated. I think this is where this community helps so much; we have some great members, so support each other. You will find there's usually somebody here to chat with, so I do hope that helps.
    Do try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' to meet other members, & please say if you have any questions as usually someone can help. :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @97Georgie :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @97Georgie :)

Just wanted to drop by, say hello, and add my own welcome!

As you can see, we're a friendly bunch - so please do feel free to join in our online discussions and activities. That's if you get the chance and when your little one isn't keeping you too busy!!

Look forward to seeing you around and chatting with you a bit more :)

@Caz_Scope
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness