Hi everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone

alexismusician
alexismusician Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, I’m Alexis and I have autoimmune hepatitis and fibromyalgia

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alexismusician welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @alexismusician and welcome to the community :) 

Thank you for introducing yourself, I hope you enjoy being a part of this supportive community.

The virtual coffee lounge is always a good place to start getting used to the site, so I'd recommend browsing there and joining in.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alexismusician - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alexismusician and a little hello from me!  How are you doing?

I'm wondering if, based on your username, you're a musician?  And, if so what can you play?  :)  My musical talents peaked at the age of 9 when I had a recorder I'm afraid.

Also, is your autoimmune hepatitis and fibromyalgia currently well managed?  Are you able to cope ok?  I think I may have bombarded you with questions there, but please do let us know if you feel like you need more support.  Some of our other members have fibromyalgia, and you can read their messages/stories in our Dealing with chronic pain category.  While in relation to autoimmune hepatitis you might find our Invisible impairments board handy too.  

I hope you have a lovely weekend and looking forward to speaking with you again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @alexismusician :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • alexismusician
    Thank you everyone! @Cher_Scope yes I sing in Worcester Cathedral Choir. Before my chronic pain started I was studying for a Masters Degree in viola performance but I had to drop out because the pain makes it impossible for me to play. 

My autoimmune hepatitis has been in remission for a couple of years now which is great. I’m not managing too well with the fibromyalgia currently and I have an appointment with a rheumatologist soon as my GP suspects I may also have lupus. I’m hoping to get some answers then and start to find ways to help ease the pain so I can get back to a more normal life
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @alexismusician Wow!  You must have a beautiful voice  :)  I'm so sorry to hear you had to drop out of your Masters, I can understand that being a real frustration at the time.  Were your university supportive?  And, do you plan to do any further learning? 

Good news about your autoimmune hepatitis being in remission but sorry to hear that the fibromyalgia isn't behaving too well.  Fingers crossed that the Rheumatology appointment will provide some answers and a plan for treatment that can help your pain levels.  I know this limbo 'in-between' time can be challenging so please lean on our community for support if you need us.  It would be great to see more of you about.  

I hope you have a lovely weekend and speak soon.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• alexismusician
    Yeah I found it really difficult to deal with and I'm still processing it but I'm getting there. They were supportive to a point but there's not really much they can do when the assessments are performances and I didn't have the strength to play my instrument anymore. 

Brightness