Hi, my name is Gary1964! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gary1964!

Options
Gary1964
Gary1964 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited June 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi I am on pip High rate care for mantel health nothing for mobility i asked for a reconsidation got turned down I suffer from panic attacks anxiety stress ibs arthritis in both knees and feet bed back walk with a stick should I fight them 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gary1964 :) Welcome to the community!

I can see that you've made a separate post about this, which is great. I'll leave this post up so that our friendly members can welcome you to the community.

Are you getting any support for your mental health at the moment? I'm sorry that you've been experiencing panic attacks- they can be really difficult to deal with. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Gary1964
    Gary1964 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    No support at the moment waiting to see a psychiatrist
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Gary1964 Hello and welcome from me too  :)

It's good to hear that you're on the waiting list to see a psychiatrist, have you any idea how long it might be before you see them?  Also, is your GP up to date with how things are?  Don't hesitate to contact them if ever you feel that things are worsening or you're struggling to cope  <3

If you need someone to talk to anytime about how you're feeling, you can also contact: 
    • The Samaritans on 116123 or by emailing jo@samaritans.org.
    • SHOUT by texting 'SHOUT' to 85258 to speak with a trained crisis volunteer
    And MIND have these self-care for anxiety tips that could be of use.  

How is it going otherwise?  Do you have anything nice planned for this weekend?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gary1964 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining us all. I hope you enjoy being part of this friendly & supportive group. :)

Brightness