Hi, my name is stevearfa! I've had MS since around 2000 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is stevearfa! I've had MS since around 2000

stevearfa
stevearfa Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi there I’m Steve in Birmingham a d have had MS since 2000, although my nurse feels I’ve had it since college.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I hope to see you around 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @stevearfa how are you doing today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • stevearfa
    Ami2301 said:
    Welcome to the community @stevearfa how are you doing today? :)
    Hi Ami not doing well in this heat. Pretty much worn out!?
  • stevearfa
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I hope to see you around 
    Thank you Jane ?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I know what you mean, fans are my best friends at the moment!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @stevearfa and a warm (sticky) welcome from me too  :)  It's great to meet you.

My nan had multiple sclerosis so I have some insight into the condition and know how challenging it can be.  How are you managing?  Did the diagnosis come as a relief at the time?  I remember my nan had lots of support from the MS Society - have you had a look at their website too? 

If there's any questions you have that we might be able to help with, then please just give us a shout.  Otherwise, feel free to have a mosey around the community, perhaps looking at our various chat categories and stopping by our friendly virtual coffee lounge.

Take it easy and I hope to speak again in the near future! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • stevearfa
    Hi Cher yes I cared for my Dad who had Alzheimer’s and my Mum had MS and breast cancer. Both are now long gone and at rest. 
    I used to be in my local MS society group and did a little voluntary work for them, but as with any group of people can do, I clashed with someone so left the group. I’m still in touch with a few of the members and meet now and again for a coffee.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @stevearfa

Rest in piece to your parents, I imagine they were very grateful for your care. I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out with the local MS group, but good to hear that you remain in contact with some of them.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness