Hi, my name is justboo99! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is justboo99!

justboo99
justboo99 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, I was on Google and found this site..I've been diagnosed with lumbar Stenosis. Osteoarthritis and spondylitis also..I've been reading some of your posts, very helpful. I've been off work for 6 months now, have been in pain for many years. Finally have answers!!! I'm also waiting on my PIP, sent my forms off 3 weeks ago, UC also...I've never not worked until now. Life changer, I am 50 years old..
Hello to you all!!!xx

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Thanks for sharing with us about yourself 

I too had to stop working at 49 and yes it is a life change 

I have studied online for some qualifications and also volunteer on here 

There are opportunities for home working and volunteering out there if you are interested in these 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @justboo99 and a warm welcome to the community from me too  :)  How's your Saturday going?

I'm so glad you found us and reading some of the posts helped.  Please keep us updated with how your PIP claim goes and ask away if any questions ever crop into your mind.

How are you adjusting to life not working?  I can imagine it takes some time and adapting to, but hopefully will help you manage your conditions better and ease some of the pressure you might have felt before.  Do you get enough support from your care team with your impairments?

If you want to get involved on the community please do!  We are a friendly bunch and not all of us bite!  To get started, you might like to look through the different discussions in our chat categories or if you fancy some more light-hearted chat, have a peek in our virtual coffee lounge where we're having a virtual afternoon tea right now  :D 

Take care and I hope to speak with you again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @justboo99 - welcome to this friendly & supportive community, which I'm very pleased you found. I found this forum in exactly the same way, & very pleased I did. I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this community too. :)
  • justboo99
    Thankyou all..lovely welcome❤
    It's good to know that people are in the same situation and can relate to e@ others problems.
    I can't thank you enough for your kind words.

• justboo99
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Thanks for sharing with us about yourself 

I too had to stop working at 49 and yes it is a life change 

I have studied online for some qualifications and also volunteer on here 

There are opportunities for home working and volunteering out there if you are interested in these 
    Bless you, thankyou..I was in a bad car accident in 1994, come back with vengeance now in my latter years. Could have been worse!!
    It's nice to be able to talk/chat to people like yourself, I can't thank you enough.xx
  • justboo99
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @justboo99 - welcome to this friendly & supportive community, which I'm very pleased you found. I found this forum in exactly the same way, & very pleased I did. I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this community too. :)
    Thanks so much, I'm so pleased I came across you all on here! Good to know that there is always others to talk to.
    I thank you for your kind welcome.xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Your very welcome there are usually people around to talk to 

I look forward to seeing you around and joining in 
  • justboo99
    chiarieds said:
    Thankyou so much. Kind words and a warm welcome.
    Good to talk to others, knowing that there are people in the same boat who have an understanding.
    I'm glad I found you all on here.. pure accident whilst googling PIP payments!!
    Thankyou soooo much.xx

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You're very welcome @justboo99 - it's very nice to 'meet' you. :)

Brightness