Hi, my name is SaltyM! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SaltyM!

Options
SaltyM
SaltyM Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone!

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @SaltyM - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. How are you? :) I hope you are well. Please have a look around the forum & join in with any discussions of interest. Try out our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' to meet others, & perhaps join in with the word games.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community @SaltyM! How is your week going so far? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @SaltyM

Welcome to the community, hope you're well today.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • SaltyM
    Options
    Thanks all, not been a great week as I'm trying to decorate my lounge but feeling a bit rubbish at moment but I'll get there.
    Thanks for your warm welcomes x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SaltyM -  sorry it's not been a great week, but it sounds like you're determined to decorate your lounge, & will get there. It can take time, but doing something despite the cost to yourself can make it all feel even more worthwhile, & definitely quite an achievement. :)
  • SaltyM
    Options
    Thank you, yes I've always done my own but with my disability it gets harder each time. But can't give up!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SaltyM

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Thanks for reaching out to us. You have the most important attitude of "can't give up!". You are right, you can't and we won't let you. Keep up the great attitude. Would you like to talk to us about how you are feeling further though? It is okay not to be okay and not being okay never means you are giving up, it just means you are courageous in reaching out and having a breather before continuing on your journey. I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness