Opportunity to discuss your chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Opportunity to discuss your chronic pain

Options
Joe_brunnin
Joe_brunnin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Research and opportunities
Hello everyone,

Wonderful to see such a supportive community here, I wish I had known about it a long time ago. My name is Joe. I'm a University of Oregon student working on a project designed to help folks with chronic pain. This is a close-to-home topic for me as I've struggled with severe low back pain for over 6 years, limiting my ability to do many of the active things I used to love. If anyone is interested in answering a few questions over zoom please email: 

(Removed, pending review)

The format is an approximately 10-minute recorded zoom interview (recordings will not be shared with anyone). Your experiences will be used to better understand the needs of people with chronic pain in order to generate possibilities for improving/supplementing existing treatments.

Thank you!

-Joe

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @Joe_brunnin

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your research. 

Before we can allow your contact details on the community, please would you be able to fill out the attached research request form and return it to us at community@scope.org.uk :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • steve69
    steve69 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Options
    Lower back pain is my middle name..
  • M3dcol
    M3dcol Community member Posts: 62 Connected
    Options
    @steve69 I think you're telling porkies...? I can certainly sympathise tho, I swear my spine hates me
  • sprolliemum_1
    sprolliemum_1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I'm 54 and have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis,  I am always in some form of pain but I could deal with it if I had enough money to live on.
  • M3dcol
    M3dcol Community member Posts: 62 Connected
    Options
    I'm 54 and have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis,  I am always in some form of pain but I could deal with it if I had enough money to live on.
    All the money in the world wouldn't help physically, although it would be nice to get a McDonald's sometime ?
  • Rosie2x
    Rosie2x Posts: 105 Connected
    Options
    I often have back pain which has been a problem for most of my life! So I can understand where your coming from
  • jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    I have upper and lower back pain, with a “few” other things wrong which results in chronic pain. By few, I actually mean many!!! Lol . I would be interested in this, if you still have/need people for the research.  
  • KatSquiz
    KatSquiz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi fellow chronic pain suffers!!
    I have had chronic pain in my left ankle/leg for nearly 8 years now. Unfortunately, as I have favoured my right leg for so long it is now causing back pain as well. Oh the joy of chronic pain it is the the gift that keeps on giving right?! 
    I am also interested in the research if you still need people.
    I am studying psychology myself so happy to help out a fellow student of the human condition.  B)
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Hi to all,

I have had Constant back pain & pain in every joint in my body since i had my 5th child always pain everywhere but i have helped myself by loosing 5kg in weight in the past few months feel somewhat better but still need to loose more weight despite my medical conditions

Sparklebright63.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.