Hi, my name is irfan23! Nelson College are willing to help you in doing a degree — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is irfan23! Nelson College are willing to help you in doing a degree

Options
irfan23
irfan23 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Research and opportunities
Hello Everyone. Anyone thinking of doing a degree ? We at Nelson College London are here to help you in any which way we can 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @irfan23

Thanks for your post. I am already studying for a Masters degree, not quite sure I need to be adding another alongside! However, thanks for the outreach. It will hopefully help our community members to see that anything is possible for them because it really is  :) 
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @irfan23

Welcome to the community. I'm sure there will be many people out there considering going into further education, and it's good to know that your college is being open and proactive about helping students who may have additional needs 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • irfan23
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. We at Nelson College are trying to get additional students to cater for all that would like the opportunity to study. We all have a different journey and have not had the same opportunities as others. At Nelson , even if you have no A levels, you can still join us. We have 2 campuses. One in Gants Hill and one in Ilford. The degrees we undertake are Business Studies and Hospitality. I am also happy to send everyone a Prospectus ...woohoo 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @irfan23

Thanks for sharing this extra information with us all. Would you like to expand on how the courses are assessed? Do you have academic courses, vocational courses, essays, examinations, presentations, practice-based assessments or a range of types for example? We all have our own preferences  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • irfan23
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. Yes it is a college which is attended 2 days a week. The lectures take place on site. Through Handbooks, essays, coursework and exams is how we assess. We here at Nelson College London are looking for more inclusion to those who wish to undertake a HND or FDA to gain a degree, who have never thought it was possible. We will help them as much as possible with our facilities. We have a January 2022 intake as well as an April one. 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hi @irfan23

Thanks for your response. Hopefully, the extra information you have provided will be beneficial for any of our community members who are interested!  :)

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.