Bus travel experiences in London — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bus travel experiences in London

Options
Jean Eveleigh
Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 185 Pioneering
edited November 2021 in Research and opportunities

I am the Disability Co-ordinator at a bus company in London that is contracted under TFL. I am returning to work after 3 years off on sick and then covid leave.

I am asking for peoples experiences of bus travel in London please to gather some up-to-date expert by experience data to use when running my driver training sessions.

Please can you ask you members to contact me their negative bus journey experiences:

a - what went wrong,

b - how it made you feel,

c - what you would have liked the driver to do to help you.

At a later date I may be looking into running Facebook live events where disabled people can interact with our drivers directly to tell them their experiences and so I can tell disabled people what drivers are allowed to do to help and what options are available to help them help themselves a little more.

All the best

Jean Eveleigh

Disability Co-ordinator

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Morning @Jean Eveleigh, hope you're keeping well. This is a really worthwhile bit of research :)

Since this is a research post, I've moved it to our 'News & Opportunities' category so it's easy to find. I'm afraid the sharing of personal information isn't allowed on the forum for the safety of all our users, so I've removed mention of your email address.

As a last bit of housekeeping can I ask that you complete the form below and return it to our email community@scope.org.uk 

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.