Backdated UC LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated UC LWCRA

llama74
llama74 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
 I had my wca start of December, I'd waited 6 month's, the next day i received a letter saying that I was owed some money and was in the LCWRA. 
The amount I'm owed is already shown as paid each month, like i had already been receiving it. I rang UC and was told that is usually what happens and I will be paid the money I'm owed soon. 
Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    They will go back to each assessment period and recalculate. So if you mean your statements are showing as having the LCWRA included then that probably means someone has calculated this for you. 

I believe it can take a few weeks for what is owed to be paid, once payment has been made it will take 3-5 working days to clear on your account. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Similar question already answered on your other thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/86833/hi-my-name-is-llama74#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    libralady said:
    Hi, my partner has been putting in sick notes for about 18 months now and filled in the capability assesment in June this year and has just been informed he,ll get the lwcra component, its been added on this months payment and he's getting back dated payments for two months so it's only been calculated from when he filled assesment form in and so was just wondering if it's right? as I thought you could get backdated payments for lwcra from when you first started handing the fit notes in and not just from date you applied for it thanks

You have a duplicate question on this thread here, which i've answered.  https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/86609/awarded-lcwra-do-you-get-backdated-pay-from-your-first-sick-note#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness