Share your experiences of using digital technology — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Share your experiences of using digital technology

Options
Alex
Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
edited August 2016 in Research and opportunities
Scope wants to help disabled people make better use of digital technology. We've commissioned independent researcher Ross Atkin to speak to disabled people about how they use digital technology and ways it could work better for them, and we are seeking two kinds of people (aged 18-67) to help us with the research.

1. Are you up to date with all of the latest devices and apps and do you feel that other disabled people could benefit from hints and tricks that you have worked out? If this is you, we would love to hear from you.

2. Are you taking your first steps into using digital technology? Are you excited by the opportunities for technology to make life easier but unsure how to get the most out of your smartphone or tablet? If so we would love you to get in touch.

The research will involve an interview lasting between one and two hours which would take place in your home at a time convenient for you and would be video recorded. As a thank you for your help you will receive a £50 voucher from either M&S or Amazon.

If you are interested in participating in the project or would like more information please e-mail jenny.durling@scope.org.uk

Comments

• CathScarlett
    CathScarlett Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Not taking first steps or really feel that I'm completely up-to-date. Started using an iPad recently as I can take it anywhere with me, which I can't with the PC.
    Social networking is a lifeline for me to keep up to date and not be isolated and also to get involved with campaigning.
    I would be very interested to hear of useful apps as Apple App Store is not great to browse through.
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sounds very interesting Alex, I have emailed Jenny. Probably might have 1 or 2 hints and tips to share! I'm sure that I will also learn something of interest to! A really great idea which I'm sure will help many, there is so much out there that can hopefully make every ones life a little easier, and possibly achieve things that we may once have thought, were beyond reach. Technology offers almost limitless possibilities. And we are learning all the time!

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.