Hi, my name is Durhamshire! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Durhamshire!

Options
Durhamshire
Durhamshire Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everybody.  Just wanted to say hello.  48 year old male living in the North East of England. Have Maffucci's Syndrome and long standing mental health/psychological issues.  Worked from leaving school in Local Government.  Made redundant in April this year.  Done as VR, but if am being honest they wanted rid of me (Am I saying too much??).  Have had a bad time since losing my job.   Have applied for numerous positions since.  Monday 28th Nov will be only my 4th interview.  Feeling extremely demoralised at the moment as I still have so much to give to an organisation, if they would just give me a chance.  Having a job gives me a purpose and helps me manage my mental health issues.  I get so much out of just helping/supporting others.

I do hope to get involved with Scope, discussions and the site.  Am sure it will have a positive effect on me and help me through my current situation.

Best wishes.
G

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @durhamshire, welcome to the community, I hope you find it friendly and supportive. If you'd like to get a good overview of the various discussions taking place here, take a look at our categories page. Good luck with your interview, which I see is today! You are very welcome here, and do please dive straight in whenever you see a discussion that is of interest, or start a new one as you see fit.

Brightness