Hi, my name is carol16! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is carol16!

carol16
carol16 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello my name is Carol im from london im disabled and have various illnessess which i find very difficult to deal with i thought i would become a member of scope as i need help and advice 

Comments

• Jgeek
    Jgeek Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Hey welcome,  Its not fun sometimes being disabled, I never used to talk about it but since I've started its helped Yes anything you want to share/ask we'll try to help or pass you on to who can :smile:
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello@Carol1962 my name is Bam. How are you? When I do found out I was sick I was extremely lost and confused because I had no idea what to expect or anybody to talk to about it. I wish I knew about scope when I first got sick. There's a lot of great people on here to talk to about a wide variety of subjects that you can find in the category list. We are all basically going through the same things. I know you can find something interesting on here.
  • carol16
    Hey your right it isent much fun being disabled..i went for a work assesment in nov 16 i got a phone call from benefits on 22 dec 16 telling me they were stopping my esa with support benefit that day..as i scorced 0 points! I  was dumbfounded! I intend asking for a MR has anyone any advice regarding doing this any advice available woud be appreciated 
  • carol16
    Hello Bam im ok thanks
  • bam
    @carol16 you know they have a benefit adviser on here you can ask. You can find it in the category section. I know they could help you.
  • bam
    Hello @carol16 I don't know if you got my last message but I was telling you that they have a benefit adviser on here you can ask. I know they could definitely help you answer some questions. You can find them in the category section. They are really knowledgeable  and would really enjoy helping you.
  • bam
    LOL I'm sorry everybody for repeating my message. I'm still a little new at all this. Thanks for understanding and I hope you had a great holiday carol16
  • carol16
    Hey Bam ive just receuved your message thank you i will look that up as im starting things on monday for my MR and have to gather evidence of why i disagree with my work capability test they gave me thank you for your help have a good day
  • bam
    Good luck@carol16. You'll have to let me know how things went for you
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @carol16 welcome to the community!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness