Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
Scotsfolk
Scotsfolk Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello my name is June , my husband is on home dialysis and wondered if there was anyone else out there doing the same ?

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello scotfolk welcome to the community. How are you? I'm sorry to hear about your husband having to do dialysis. It must be difficult for both him and you. This is a great Community with a lot of love to offer its members. Well, anybody really. If you scroll down you'll find the category section click on that to find a category that might be able to give you or husband advice or give you support you may need. There's also a Coffee Lounge were you can go and just casually talk to people and get to know them. If you have any questions you can ask me my name is Bam or you can ask anyone they will certainly help you
  • Scotsfolk
    Options
    Thank you so much Bam , we actually think we are very lucky that he has his machine at home rather than all that travelling to and from hospital . I will try and set a bit of time aside to find my way around the site . Thanks for replying to me you are very kind 
  • bam
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello scotfolk yes I know how difficult it is to keep going to the hospital for dialysis. He is definitely lucky he has the home machine. LOL my ex-girlfriend is from Fraserburgh,Scotland so I feel like we should be friends.
  • Scotsfolk
    Options
    Lol we are originally from Ayrshire but live in the Midlands now 
  • bam
    Options
    Hello @Scotsfolk I've heard how much better it is to have a home dialysis machine. You know better than I do how horrible it is sitting there hooked up to a dialysis machine. At least he can be home comfortable while doing it. Can I ask what happened too him. Along with my MS I too have a little kidney problem but nothing to worry about yet. I'm going to tell you about a horrible thing that just happened to me. I live in California in the United States. It's pouring down rain here I woke up at 7:30 a.m. and thought I'm going to have a individual size frozen pizza for breakfast. I sometimes have problems with my hands because of my ms. As I was taking the pizza out of the oven and I dropped it on the floor.my entire body just deflated as I screamed Oh no! Your husband probably can understand that feeling more than you can but it was really disappointing LOL. Have you been surfing around the system? There's a lot of great people on here. I think you will really enjoy being on here.

Brightness