Hi, my name is paulaR! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is paulaR!

Options
paulaR
paulaR Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all looking forwards to getting some great advice when needed.

Comments

• WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Options
    @paulaR
    hello and welcome to our forum
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @paulaR welcome to the community, do you want to share a bit about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • paulaR
    Options
    I lost my hubby in 2015 n since then have been lost really I suffer depression n anxiety plus other health issues but I think my main problem is grief n how to 'get over it' as people say I should be by now thanks for the welcomes.
  • bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi PaulaR,

you have my sympathy. 

Ive never lost a partner but I watched my Mother go through it.

i think its just a very very personal thing.  Do things in your own wY and at your own rate.... If others are telling you you should be over it.... Its probably just thier way of trying to cope with your grief.

I've tried counselling for things in the past and it hasnt been much use to me.  I understand though that bereavement counseling can be benneficial for tjose who feel that they need support.

often, i think peopke feel that thier family and friends should be enough help.  Im not sure that is really true though.

im new here Im just going through peoples posts and saying hi :)

• paulaR
    Options
    Thank u i just take each day as it comes some are good others are awful but i just paint a smile on my face n pretend everythings fine i tried counciling but it just wasn't for me iv got a few great friends who don't mind me falling apart so i can be the real me with these welcome to the site.

Brightness