Hi, my name is maggiemay16! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is maggiemay16!

Options
maggiemay16
maggiemay16 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I have just joined this group. I suffer from fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome. For years I have had to fight the medical profession as well as the DWP. It was an exhausting fight that affected the stress levels and fear and made my illness so much worse. Then eventually an Atos worker came to my home, examined me asked questions, saw how sore I was, and was awarded DLA for life. I felt at least that was one huge worry and burden off my mind. Then just two months later Ian Duncan Smith comes along with Universal Credit, and the worry and stress is back again, even worse as this government is hell bent on torturing the disabled. It is extremely difficult trying to get my body and mind to work properly every day and night, 24/7. The fatigue and the pain is never ending and has ruined my life. I have no friends and no social life. My house needs cleaned and decorated from top to bottom, after years of neglect through this illness. I am clinically depressed and suffer anxiety problems made worse by the constant worry that my benefits will be cut or stopped when they shift me over to PIPS. I hope everyone is having a good day and I look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @maggiemay16 and welcome to the community.

There are many people who feel the same as you do regarding this government and Ian Duncan Smith in particular. The only glimmer of hope I can offer is the upcoming election and the leaked Labour manifesto. While I have some concerns about it, it does show a Labour party which is willing to separate itself from Conservatives and offer a different future for many people.

I hope you are able to give yourself a break from the worry about everything and find something to enjoy this weekend.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness