Advice for helping a child with asd and attachment anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice for helping a child with asd and attachment anxiety

Options
and15
and15 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
Hello

I am the proud father of a beautiful 6 year old with asd whom due to physical disabilities had to spend long periods of time in hospital between the ages of 1 and 3 years old.sadly she suffers from enhanced attachment problems so I am asking does anyone have any advice on how I can help my little girl with this as I am really struggling to help her

Thank you in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @and15 :) Thank you for reaching out to us. This sounds like a challenging situation. 

I'm not a parent, so I can't pretend to know what you're going through, but I hope another member with a similar experience will see and respond to your post soon.

In the meantime, I'm wondering whether you might find it helpful to access one of our friendly family services

Are you and your daughter receiving support from any medical professionals to support you with this?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • and15
    and15 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    Hello Tori I have reached out to parents connect and will be getting invovled with them soon.we get some support from camhs but after a year I have little confidence because everything thry suggest we hsve already tried
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @and15 :) I hope you find Parents Connect helpful! 

Hopefully CAMHS will be able to help you work out some new solutions that work a bit better. These things can take time, for sure.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.