If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Paidin! Has any one got any idea how you renew a driving licence ?

Options
Paidin
Paidin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2023 in Transport and travel
I have been try to renew my driving licence for 8 months I have tried Webchat , it just cuts off !! I have tried telephoing and cant through . I cant work without Licence so i am now on universal credit. 
Has any one got any idea how you renew a driving licence ?

Comments

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    Options
    Have you tried renewing it online?

https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence?

I did mine this way and it only took about 2 weeks.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Renewed my licence on the 6th January, taken 3 days for it to get to me. Used my passport photo (from November 2022 when I renewed that) though so I guess that’s why it was so quick.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would just like to add a warm welcome @Paidin. It is great to see you have joined us. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community from me too @paidin :) That sounds really frustrating! Have you been able to renew your licence now?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.