Pip assessment. Do they go with the report?

Options
MrsG89
MrsG89 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey all I've received a copy of my pip assessment report and I've worked out a total of 9 points from the tick boxes, do the dwp go with the report or could they take points away? Also last page says based on claimants circumstances it would be appropriate to review in 2 years, is this a indication I will be awarded? Many thanks for all advice x

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    DM usually goes with recommendation of assessor but they don’t always.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MrsG89
    Options
    Thankyou is it normal to have a review timeframe if not awarded? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,295 Championing
    Options
    MrsG89 said:
    Thankyou is it normal to have a review timeframe if not awarded? 
    Yes, the assessor can give a recommendation for a review even if there’s not enough points recommended for an award. 
  • MrsG89
    Options
    Ah okay so it doesn't necessarily mean I will be awarded.. I had hope last year I was declined only had 5 points and didn't have the energy to appeal but this one indicates 9 points so fingers crossed 🙏🏻
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,980 Championing
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck with this @MrsG89. Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.