If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Alison

Options
Bigbirdali
Bigbirdali Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’ve had rheumatoid arthritis for 8 years, currently on Rituximab. Recently diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis caused by methotrexate. Anyone out there with similar issues? 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello @Bigbirdali and a warm welcome to our online community, it's grand that you found us! I hope your Thursday's been a good one.

I'm sorry to hear you have those conditions. Are you getting much support from your hospital teams, and is the treatment helping you? I did used to be on methotrexate myself for Crohn's disease and am saddened to hear that it resulted in pulmonary fibrosis for you. I can imagine that was a shock. Are you coping ok emotionally?

I'm sure many of our members can relate to what you are going through so please don't be shy and feel free to get involved in any of our categories; perhaps our Physical and neurological impairments category could be a good starting point?

Take care and I look forward to speaking again soon  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.