Dwp taken payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp taken payment

Options
C984
C984 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
Good afternoon 

I am just after some information if possible.
I logged Into my universal credit this morning and clicked on my payments and the had been a deduction of 78.86. With the title of debts and loan repayments dwp.
I haven't got a clue what this is I have I have spoken to them to find out what this is and there person I have spoken to didn't have a clue what it and says I have to wait upto 24 hours for a answer. I have not got the foggiest what this may be I have had no loans from dwp I haven't received a letter nore had a message on my journal about anything has anyone got a clue or answer or heard anything like this happening to anyone thanks in advance 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Difficult one I'm afraid, you don't know. we don't know, they don't know, so neither do we. You can only do as they suggest and wait 24 hours and see what they say.
    Keep us updated?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you ever claim Tax Credits in the past? If so, it might be a deduction for an old Tax Credit debt which has been passed to UC. However, as woodbine says, there's no way for us to know.
    Hopefully UC may be able to give you some more information next time you speak. However they often don't know, they will make directions as instructed by DWP Debt management and you may need to speak to them
    DWP Debt Management contact centre - Telephone: 0800 916 0647 
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-debt-management-performance-data/dwp-debt-management-customer-service-standards
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.