Hello everyone. How does the backdated work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone. How does the backdated work

Options
hanaa1968
hanaa1968 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I submitted my fit note on the 10th of May and I was awarded LCWAR on the 5th of January.my AP is from 14-13 of each month.My payment in 20 th. How does the backdated work . Thank you 

Comments

• hanaa1968
    Options
    If anyone can help me to understand the backdate issue 
    thanku
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,878 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Providing you continued to send fit notes for the whole time without any gaps then your waiting period will be... May to Aug 2022. LCWRA starts from assessment period August 14th to Sept 13th and first payment will be 20th August.

This is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already claims the LCWRA on your claim.

It often takes a few weeks to pay what is owed. They first have to recalculate your past statements to work out how much is owed. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal and it will be paid into your bank.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hanaa1968
    Options
    Thank you for replying 
    I have received a letter from UC said my backdated payment will be from 14th of September to 13th of October.
    I thought it will be from 14th of August to 13th of September.
    so on the 20th of January I will be paid for October,November,December and January 
    thanky you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.