If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

REGISTERED DISABLED?

Options
emc123
emc123 Community member Posts: 76 Contributor
Hi, is there still such a thing as Registered Disabled? 
Just seen a post on a Facebook group where someone said their husband is Registered Disabled but I've heard there's not a Register as such(felt it was inappropriate of Me to ask the poster).
This made me think about something I'd noticed on my SAR information a question *Disabled, answer was Yes*, I forget what department wrote that could only be UC or PIP,  or could it be noted by DWP in general? 
So now I'm more curious :-/ 
   Thanks to anyone who can clarify  :-) x

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    edited January 2023
    Options
    emc123 said:
    Hi, is there still such a thing as Registered Disabled? 
    Not to my knowledge.

People can however be in receipt of benefits such as PIP which are classed as disability benefits.

People can be also treated as having a disability under the Equality Act 2010.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • emc123
    Options
    Thank you Calcotti :-) 
    She said, my husband is Registered Disabled and is 'Also' in receipt of PIP. 
          (&I'm PIP and LCWRA so just made me think who wrote the Yes on the question Disabled it was just a random sheet in the SARS file.) Thanks for your response x
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 378 Empowering
    Options
    This used to be the case many years ago when you registered with the local authority as a disabled person. Not sure how long ago it was but I guess at 20 years ago. People take so long to move on.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    I believe you can register as sight impaired with your local authority, there's more information on RNIB, but as for a general register of disabled people, there isn't one no. Thanks for you query @emc123 :)  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • emc123
    Options
    Thank you Alex and All :-) xxx
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.