Adult disability payment scotland — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adult disability payment scotland

sunshine2024
sunshine2024 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Hello, has anyone claimed the new benefit in scotland ? 

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 5,882 Disability Gamechanger
    @sunshine2024

Hi and welcome to the forum, I hope your doing well. Be good to see you around.

Im from Scotland but still on pip infact just had my review.
    I think it will take a bit off time for everyone from Scotland to get moved over to ADP.

Good luck if you have applied.
    Take care ❤️
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,192 Disability Gamechanger
    There's been very few threads regarding ADP. There's lots of information here. https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/guidance-resources/guidance/decision-making-guide

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sunshine2024. Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. 

Are you currently experiencing claiming the new benefit in Scotland and, if so, how are you finding this process? 

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. I just want to ensure we support you the best way we can  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • sunshine2024
    Hi, i have applied online the form took me 6 hours to complete over 3 days.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us @sunshine2024. I am sure your experience will be invaluable for anyone experiencing anything similar.

How did it go for you? I hope it went well but if we can do anything to support you please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • sunshine2024
    Still waiting to hear the outcome i applied in january 2023 and i telephoned to see if there was any updates they said it's waiting for a case manager to pick it up and if i didn't hear anything to call back in 4 weeks time.
  • L_Volunteer
    How are you feeling about this at the moment @sunshine2024? Thank you for keeping us in the loop with how things are for you  :)

• L_Volunteer
    Oh no, how frustrating with it changing everything you put and having to do it all over again @stormy. It sounds like clear definitions, at the very least, would be helpful! Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you  :)

• sunshine2024
    How are you feeling about this at the moment @sunshine2024? Thank you for keeping us in the loop with how things are for you  :)

Anxious waiting for the decision, i seen somewhere else that someone has been waiting from october 2022 for a decision as there is huge back logs apparently, hopefully hear back from them soon.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,192 Disability Gamechanger
    Seems like they have more backlogs that PIP for new claims at the moment. PIP decisions for new claims are taking anything up to about 12 weeks for some people.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Redtommy56
    Redtommy56 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited October 2023
    Hi I finally got a decision on my claim for ADP after 5 months of waiting.They blamed my Doctor for the wait and moving everyone over from PIP.I had applied for PIP previously and got no points at all.This time i got 11 out of 12 for daily living and 10 out of 12 for mobility.I cant say if they are applying different criteria as they should not be or maybe i just made the mistake of not giving enough information on how my conditions effect my daily life with my PIP application.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,864 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Redtommy56 - & welcome to the community. Great that you have been awarded ADP :)
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,093 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Redtommy56

Welcome to the community! :) I'm so glad to hear you've finally been awarded :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.