If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Tribunal for pip

Options
weemee
weemee Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi got letter for my tribunal date a phone call consolation I wanted to go in person does any body no why I can’t go in person

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The number of face to face hearings is been greatly reduced because it’s less difficult to co-ordinate remote hearings. Face to face hearings require premises and for all the tribunal members to be there.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • weemee
    Options
    Thanks I was going to phone them on Monday as I’ve been told u have a better chance face to face
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    weemee said:
    Thanks I was going to phone them on Monday as I’ve been told u have a better chance face to face
    There are no statistics I am aware of to suggest that. What is clear is that appearing in person improves your chances compared to paper based decisions. In person encompasses telephone, video and face to face hearings. Asking for a face to face hearing is likely to delay your hearing.

The reason that attending in person improves your chance of success because it provides the tribunal the opportunity to ask you directly about your difficulties and thereby fill in gaps in the paperwork.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • weemee
    Options
    Thanks for that 5 diff people I no has had the telephone consolations and lost and people I no went directly and won il just tell them the truth and fingers crossed so stressful thank u
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The truth is all you can give @weemee. I am wishing you the best of luck with this. Please feel free to let us know how it goes for you.

You have mentioned feeling stressed at the moment. Is there anything that usually helps you when you are feeling stressed?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • weemee
    Options
    Thanks My grandchildren they keep me on my toes lol I’m a very anxious nerverous person now I no the date b like this until it’s over I no everybody the same
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even if everybody is the same @weemee, that doesn't take away from your own feelings. I can hear how you are feeling anxious and nervous. 

Is it anytime soon? Hopefully, it is so that it is over for you soon and you can, hopefully, feel less anxious and nervous. 

Glad you have your grandchildren who help keep you on your toes in the meantime. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you further  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,444 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @weemee
    Hi I hope your doing ok, just want to wish you luck with your appeal.

I had one over the telephone in 2020 and it went well, the panel were very nice and courteous.
    I received a letter 2 days later from them to tell me I had won.
    I had someone from a welfare rights place help me with this, they actually phoned me the day after tribunal to tell me I had won.

So good luck ❤️
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.