HITS food box — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HITS food box

gtks
gtks Community member Posts: 10 Connected
edited February 2023 in Cost of living
Hi all, 
I have requested for HITS food box but got rejected. After all the payments I get I have been paying other bills till I have only got £90 left for the month. 
I consider myself blessed to have received the PIP standard rate.
Anyone having same problems.
Kind regards, 
@gtks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,408 Disability Gamechanger
    I had to seach to see what the HITS food box was and seen it's a food bank. It may have been because as you said you have £90 left for the month. You can always apply again if towards the end of the month you don't have any money left.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Starlingbird
    Starlingbird Community member Posts: 169 Pioneering
    https://www.teignbridge.gov.uk/housing/support-services/food-banks/ It looks like there are two different food banks in that area, so may be worth trying the other?

I'm not sure if any if these are in your area, but you may be able to find a food pantry. These provide food that is surplus and would go to waste (mainly from supermarkets, I think) at very cheap prices.
    https://southdevonfoodalliance.adoddle.org/localorganisations/

If I have got the wrong area for you, it may be worth googling 'food pantry'. The ones in my area always give bread away for free, so it may be the same for other pantries. HTH.
  • gtks
    Thank you for your reply Starlingbird. Thank you for the link to the @devonfood alliance. I do not eat bread. Only gluten free bread. I will look at the site. 
  • gtks
    Thank you poppy123456 for your thoughts. I have to wait and talk to my citizen adviser.(fingers crossed)
  • Starlingbird
    Starlingbird Community member Posts: 169 Pioneering
    gtks said:
    Thank you for your reply Starlingbird. Thank you for the link to the @devonfood alliance. I do not eat bread. Only gluten free bread. I will look at the site. 
    They get all types of things in @gtks. It can be pretty random, but they always have plenty of fresh veggies, frozen foods, etc. If you find a community food pantry near by, they may have a FB page and post what's just come in stock. I hope you find something that helps your money go a bit further. Fingers crossed for you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.