Feeling really low — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling really low

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 253 Pioneering
I applied for a couple of jobs just over a week ago and I've not heard anything back from either of them yet. 
I'm on a few job search apps, but I've decided to hide my profile on CV on them as I'm not feeling mentally ready to continue searching at the moment. 
I have a journal which I use quite a lot which has been helping me to get all of my thoughts out of my head and onto to paper so that I can think clearly without the doubts stopping me from doing something I want to do. 
I need to find my headphones so that I can listen to music, but I'm not sure where they are at the moment. 

Comments

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,653 Pioneering
    Options
    Take deep breaths, things will get better. Have you looked under the bed for headphones, 99% of lost items are found under the bed (not verified by scientists). Simply because we drop them and kick them under when we walk about when we do the bed.  
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @BrianMcFaddenfan07

Ah, I'm sorry you haven't heard anything back yet. It can be really disheartening being left in 'limbo'. There's still time yet though, and even if these weren't the jobs for you, then something else awaits out there, I'm sure  :)

Focusing on the positives, well done you for applying. It can be initially overwhelming and these opportunities have helped you practice application form filling in. Next time that probably won't be as daunting! Have you had any support with looking for a job?

If you feel some headspace from applying is what you need, then do that. It sounds like journalling is beneficial for you and I fully understand it being a way of blocking out those doubts. I hope you find your headphones! What music will you listen to?

Take care and speak again soon I hope!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    @Cher_Scope I listen to Westlife, Boyzone, Brian McFadden and quite a few other singers and bands.
    I've found my headphones as they were hiding under a Christmas present that I got off my fiancé. 
    I have the free Spotify app on my phone that I use to listen to my music on. 
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    @rebel11 I found my headphones as they were hiding under a Christmas present that my fiance bought for me. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Really glad to hear you have managed to find your headphones @BrianMcFaddenfan07. Hopefully, listening to music will help you to feel better.

If it helps, I can only empathise with what you are experiencing at the moment because I am in very similar shoes! 

I believe you will get there, with time and the right opportunities. Sometimes, the waiting can be the most difficult part and I hope you are not waiting too much longer  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    Ty @L_Volunteer. Listening to my music always helps to calm me down as well as cheer me up. 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Having a cuppa or a sleep helps me calm down 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Listening to music, having a cuppa and sleeping all sound like great things @BrianMcFaddenfan07 and @durhamjaide2001. Those are things that help me too  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • dreamerdreams_
    dreamerdreams_ Scope Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I applied for a couple of jobs just over a week ago and I've not heard anything back from either of them yet. 
    I'm on a few job search apps, but I've decided to hide my profile on CV on them as I'm not feeling mentally ready to continue searching at the moment. 
    I have a journal which I use quite a lot which has been helping me to get all of my thoughts out of my head and onto to paper so that I can think clearly without the doubts stopping me from doing something I want to do. 
    I need to find my headphones so that I can listen to music, but I'm not sure where they are at the moment. 
    Exactly how I feel at the moment, it's exhausting and I know something will turn up in the end but it just feels never ending
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you're also feeling this way @dreamerdreams_, how are things today? 

Often times it can feel like you're putting in and awful lot of work and not getting very far, but I think each application is a positive step forward.

Do you have anything similar to journaling you use to help manage any feelings of stress and exhaustion? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dreamerdreams_
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you're also feeling this way @dreamerdreams_, how are things today? 

Often times it can feel like you're putting in and awful lot of work and not getting very far, but I think each application is a positive step forward.

Do you have anything similar to journaling you use to help manage any feelings of stress and exhaustion? 
    I don't really keep a journal as such but I do talk to people about how I'm feeling, that's a good idea though actually I think I might start writing down how I'm feeling on a daily basis. It might help clear my head a bit.

Thanks for reaching out anyway, that was nice of you 😊
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Talking to people about how you are feeling is really positive too @dreamerdreams_. How do you feel after talking to people about how you are feeling - do you find it helpful?  :)

• dreamerdreams_
    Options
    Talking to people about how you are feeling is really positive too @dreamerdreams_. How do you feel after talking to people about how you are feeling - do you find it helpful?  :)
    So sorry, I didn't see this as I hadn't checked the forum for a while! I do find it helpful anyway, it's nice to let it all out and try to get some perspective from other people so it's something that I'm trying to do as often as I can especially these days
  • Westy088
    Westy088 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Hope you are ok,

as for applying for jobs, I was a manager for years and sometimes vacancies can take a while to get interviews arranged for so please don’t worry too much as it takes a while to look through everyone’s applications etc.

hope you found your headphones! I feel lost without mine and always listen to music to help me calm down. I find getting a spare pair of headphones and putting them in the kitchen draw helps too.
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am feeling a  bit low.  Its difficult to put into words . I do have depression and anxiety.  Eupd symptoms have been noticed by a mental health worker I was speaking too a while ago. Hoping to make friends if possible 🙏. 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    It sounds really difficult that you are feeling a bit low at the moment @Strawberry1. Would anything, at all, help things to feel a little better at the moment?

We are all here for you and listening to you if there's anything at all we can do to help, even if that's just you talking to us further about things.

Hopefully, you can make friends here. I like to think we are a supportive and friendly bunch, so friendships are possible  <3

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @L , I appreciate your support 🙏 ❤. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.