If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is sharhop! I’ve been put in to the lcwra group

Options
sharhop
sharhop Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all just need some advice 
I put in my first fit note on 27/06/22
i had my compatibility of work assessment on the 5/02/23
i had a letter in my journal today to say I’ve been put in to the lcwra group 
Do you have any idea of when my payments will be backdated from 
thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,282 Championing
    Options
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim. The LCWRA element isn't paid at all during that time.

When it's paid from exactly will depend on the dates of your monthly assessment periods or what date you usually receive your money each month.

Based on the information you gave it would either be Oct or Nov. Providing you sent fit notes the whole time without any gaps until a decision was made on your work capability assessment.

The above information is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already claims the LCWRA element for theirself.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sharhop
    sharhop Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to me 
    yes I have provided fit not with no gaps and they cover me until march 
    I get paid on the 30th of every month 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,282 Championing
    Options
    That means your assessment periods (AP) are 24th to 23rd of every month. If the date you reported your first fit note was also the date you reported your health condition then your waiting period will be. July/Aug, Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct.. LCWRA starts from AP 24th Oct to 23rd Nov and first payment will be 30th Nov 2022. Therefore they owe you for Nov/Dec/Jan.

When you have this months statement you need to check that the LCWRA element is added. Any money owed is usually paid separately to your usual monthly money. It often takes a few weeks to pay what is owed. Once your past statements have been recalculated you will receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe you and it will then be paid into your bank.

When they recalculate your past statements they will replace your current ones so you may want to take copies of them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Championing
    Options
    Hello @sharhop

Welcome to the community! 

I see Poppy has been able to help with your query, I just wanted you to know, I've popped your post in our Universal Credit of the forum. In case you had any other questions or queries :) 

How did you come to find us here in the community? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.