Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Snow19!

Options
Snow19
Snow19 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am mentally ill-bipolar/PTSD

Comments

• Snow19
    Snow19 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I am mentally ill-bipolar/PTSD/Bprderline Personality Disorder but have committed DWP fraud on a scale from 5/10 
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    Options
    Have contacted any organisations to help you 'manage' and 'advise' with communications with the DWP?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,360 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    If you want advice then yes you'll need to tell them everything. How can you expect the correct advice if you leave details out. This link will help you find an advice agency local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
    Snow19 said:
     on a scale from 5/10 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    Options
    There's CAB, there are Law Centres, some solicitors do 'pro bono' etc.

https://www.lawworks.org.uk/

• poppy123456
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I just realised who you are and remembered your other thread. 
    You did mention on another thread that you worked for about 5 months and didn’t tell DWP and also said about having some savings. I see those comments on another thread have since been removed. 
    Difficult to advise further without knowing all the details (I’m not asking you to tell me) 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Petal19 said:
    Like who plz? Nt CAB they say tell them everything 

I just noticed the different usernames commenting.
    Snow19 said:
    I am mentally ill-bipolar/PTSD/Bprderline Personality Disorder but have committed DWP fraud on a scale from 5/10 

Are you the same person?
  • Adeline
    Adeline Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
    Options
    @snow19 and @Petal19 I'm confused whether you are the same person or not but I wished to say to you both:
    Please don't worry. You certainly aren't the first person to commit fraud, whether knowingly or not. Don't beat yourself up over it. There are ways forward and you can get help with this. Also if your mental health is impacting your ability to manage your claims there are places that can support you.

Petal19 said:
    Am sorry i am so mentally poorly...I am manic then depressed..its a horrid illness..am.beyond help but thanku for trying

No one is beyond help, and certainly not you. <3 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Snow19

I agree with Poppy that speaking to Advice Local would be one of the best routes to find someone to talk to. If you wanted to speak more about the case here or email us at community@scope.org.uk we can see if there is anyway we could help :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.