Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Staring a social enterprise in mental health

Options
NiKnAk2388
NiKnAk2388 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2023 in Work and employment
Hi, i dont really know what this place is! I was advised to come here via the business advice centre in leeds. I am trying to start a social enterprise and a separate business in a similiar field, that being mental health. I myself have a mental health disability, but conversely my ideas have been born from this "disability". I hope in whatever i do i can help effect positive change in the world and that is currently in my field of expertise, mental health. I wish to help change the landscape. My background is in catering and was a head chef by the age of 21. Between then and my late 20s I was sectioned 6 times and head chef in two other estaishments. A juxtoposition! I really do need help in realising some of my dreams inspite or despite of my disability.
Tagged:

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @NiKnAk2388 and welcome to Scope's online community, a network which is connected by disability.

It's a discussion forum where disabled people, and their family, parents or carers, can ask questions, seek advice, find like-minded people and share their lived experiences :) 

You're welcome to browse whenever you're ready, here's a few of the best places to get started:
    • Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too
    Let us know if we can lend a hand with anything, and we'll do what we can to help.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.