If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi wondering about lcwrca

Options
poloqwert
poloqwert Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited February 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi can I ask a quick question trying to Google but keeps taking me here seen similar questions but not quite same as mine , I handed in my first sick note to uni credit 8 November Then applied for LCWRCA  16th November then on 7th November I got accepted then told “As such, you will first see the additional amount for having LCWRA in your entitlement in assessment period   8 May to 7 June 2023” will I get any back pay or will that’s will be the first payment in may June , sorry about the big message and thank you I’m advance 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    poloqwert said:
    .. , I handed in my first sick note to uni credit 8 November Then applied for LCWRCA  16th November then on 7th November I got accepted then told “As such, 
    I am confused by your dates.
    You say you reported your health condition on 8th November
    You say you applied for LCWRA on 16th November - what do you mean about this being different from when you reported your health condition.
    You then say you were accepted on 7th November which is before you reported your health condition or are you referring to dates in different years.

The LCWRA element is payable for the first full payment period that starts after three months after you reported your health condition. It would therefore be payable from April or May depending on what day of the month you are paid. Payment in June looks later than it should be.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poloqwert
    Options
    Sorry that was an error I applied on 16 November got accepted 8 February 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,193 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    poloqwert said:
    Sorry that was an error I applied on 16 November got accepted 8 February 

This means you sent your first fit note/reported your health condition in the middle of your assessment period for Nov/dec, which doesn't count because it's not a full assessment period. Providing you sent a fit note the whole time without any gaps.

Therefore your waiting period will be Dec/Jan, Jan/Feb, Feb/March.. LCWRA starts from March 8th to April 7th and first payment should be April 14th 2023. When you receive your statement for that month you'll need to check that the LCWRA element is included.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poloqwert
    Options
    Sorry just seen this thanks for getting back down you know will I be back dated or does it start from after the 3 month thank you 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    poloqwert said:
    Sorry just seen this thanks for getting back down you know will I be back dated or does it start from after the 3 month thank you 
    Poppy has already answered the question
    poppy123456 said:. 
    Therefore your waiting period will be Dec/Jan, Jan/Feb, Feb/March.. LCWRA starts from March 8th to April 7th and first payment should be April 14th 2023. When you receive your statement for that month you'll need to check that the LCWRA element is included.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    poloqwert said:

You're not owed any LCWRA element because payments don't start until April 14th.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poloqwert
    Options
    Thank you again i though so just wanted to check 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,734 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @poloqwert How are you today?

Just to say a quick welcome to our online community. I'm glad you were able to find us for help with understanding the LCWRA process. You know where we are should you ever have more questions  :):smile:

Best wishes.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poloqwert
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I’m okay today Thank you for asking and thank you for the help only place online I could get questions answered thank you 
  • poloqwert
    Options
    Hi I’m not sure if anyone will see this but I’ve had my uni credit statement for this month (April) but haven’t received me lwrca any advice on what to do shall I contact them or just leave it ? Quick recap I applied November with first sicknote and accepted febuary Thank you really appreciated 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Put a note on your journal under the payment section and tell them that the LCWRA element hasn't been included in your statement this month.

Can i just check that you sent your first fit note on 16th November and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA?
  • poloqwert
    Options
    Yes that’s correct handed my first sick not which was three months so I got accepted for lwcra a day before my sick note ended so they said I never need another thank you 
  • poloqwert
    Options
    Sorry after checking I declared sick note on 10th November it got accepted the 15th November & the lwrca got accepted on the 8th February just before I neeeded another sick note ,thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That doesn't change when it's paid from.
  • poloqwert
    Options
    Sorry for all the questions , but what does that mean I should of still had it this month ? Thank you again for your help answering 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    First payment should have been this month based on the information you gave.
  • poloqwert
    Options
    Thank you for confirming and replying I’ve just wrote on my journal 
  • poloqwert
    Options
    Hi hope it’s ok just coming to vent about universal credit after contacting them today they have said it’s 3 months after getting accepted lwrca you receive it how silly is it that, I  apply in November wait till June for first payment ain’t these meant to help make our disability easier to live I’ll probably be dead by the time I receive it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    poloqwert said:
    after contacting them today they have said it’s 3 months after getting accepted lwrca you receive it
    That's not correct. As i advised the waiting period starts from when you first reported your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. It is then paid from the 4th month.

Your first payment should have been this month based on the information you gave. You need to request the Mandatory Reconsideration not to pay you the first LCWRA element this month. You can do that on your journal.
  • poloqwert
    Options
    I did think you was correct so I rang this morning and this is what she wrote on my journal We spoke today; I've asked that your Case Manager, John, or one of their colleagues looks at your case and responds to the questions you raised. They will respond by 05 May, before 6 pm. This will usually be via your Journal, but if a complex explanation is required they may contact you on your provided telephone number. Shall I wait till then or ask again for it to be reconsidered honestly thank you helping out 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.